What's great about this event?
Sunday the 3rd of May will see a new addition to the race - an option open to the general public -- see below for registration details.
The Tour de Yorkshire Ride will give cyclists the chance to ride the route just hours before the pros race, but unlike the pros, you get to choose your distance! Three distance options are available for the sportive, from 50km, 108km or 140km routes. A women-only Cycletta sportive will also take place along the 50km route.
The event is being endorsed and supported by five-time Tour de France winner, Bernard Hinault, who will be giving sportive riders tips. Participants in the sportive will cross the same finish line as the pro riders and a winners’ ceremonies will take place on the Tour de Yorkshire podium.
The sportive will be held on the final day of the Tour de Yorkshire, Sunday 3rd May just hours before the pro race starts. The amatours race will leave Leeds those taking on the 140km long route will climb Pool Bank and head towards Sowerby Bridge. They will join the pro route at Mytholmroyd and up the 2014 Tour de France King of the Mountains Côte De Oxenhope Moor, which will be taken in the opposite direction, a real test of stamina with over 6.7 kilometres of near continuous climbing. Shortly after riders will travel through Haworth the same as La Tour.
Riders will climb 150 metres from Laycock to Sutton-in-Craven, before reaching the villages of Addingham and Ilkley. Riders on the long and medium routes will take on the Cow and Calf Climb, before the East Chevin Climb, after which cyclists will need all their remaining energy to climb the short but very steep Black Hill Road. The Tour de Yorkshire Ride culminates back at Roundhay Park where cyclists will be presented with their medal.
You can register for entry at letouryorkshire.com/sportive. However we believe this will be a very popular event and would recommend early sign up.
Entries will officially open on Thursday 4 February at 9am.
• Same routes, structures and spectators as for the pro race
• Finish on the Tour de Yorkshire finish line
• Tour de Yorkshire ride and pro race public village for you and your family
• Ceremonies on the Tour de Yorkshire podium
• One lucky rider will be part of the Tour de Yorkshire pro prize presentation
• Sportive riders dedicated viewing area of the pro race finish
• Tour de France legend and 5 times winner, Bernard Hinault, to provide everyone with his top training tips
• Yorkshire style support through the towns and villages
• Comparison climb times with the Pros (check how you compare with the best)
• Tour de France memorabilia mass giveaway at the Tour de Yorkshire village for 100s of lucky riders
• Etape du Tour bibs prize draw
• Tour de France VIP access prize draw
Event also includes
• Mechanical support – like the pros
• Medical support
• Sweep vehicle for those who cannot complete the route
• Energy drinks, bars and gels provided at feed stations
• Electronic chip timing
• Results texted to you as you cross the line
• Finisher's medal
AGE REQUIREMENT: Minimum Age 16 at 31 December, 2015
Kimberley Wilson & Simon Storer
owners and operators of The Camberley